My 5 tried and proven ways to earn extra money
$$$$$ Cha-Ching $$$$$$
Need to make some extra money for that vacation you have been wanting to take or for anything you desire?
If so here is my list of things you can do to earn extra money that I have actually done.
Teach English to Foreign Students – There are a lot of companies out there that offer opportunities to teach foreign kids the English Language. Education First (EF) is an education company that allows you teach kids in China the English language from the comfort of your own home. They allow you to pick your own schedule and pays up to $20/hr. The downside of teaching kids overseas is the time zone is 12 hours ahead of us (in EST) so you will have to get up really early in the morning. They have hours available from 4 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. M-F and 9:00 p.m. Friday Nights to 9:00 a.m. Saturday morning and 9:00 p.m. Saturday nights to 9:00 a.m. Sunday Mornings.
To teach with EF you are require to;
- Having a Bachelors Degree is required, it can be in any subject.
- Live in the U.S. and U.K.
To find out more and sign up for EF teach online click here Teach online.
Work From Home – Teaching online to foreign students is one type of work from home job but here I will introduce you to Arise, a virtual call center. With Arise you can choose whatever client (company) you wish to work for. Once you are signed up you will be able to see companies that are currently hiring. You will be able to choose from top Fortune 500 Companies assisting customers with sales, reservations, billing, placing orders and more. To work for arise you would need to;
- Have a desktop computer with 60 GB hard drive space, 20 GB available space. Has windows 7 or 10.
- A dedicated phone line
- Ethernet connection for internet. No wireless and must have a speed of 10 mbps download and 3 mbps upload minimum.
- You will need to do a background check
- Incorporate a business or choose to be a part of one of the many Independent Businesses that are listed.
- You will also have to pay for certification classes, but once you are certified you can make your money back in no time.
Arise allows you to choose your own hours. You can choose to work any time of the day you choose. Some clients are 24 hours while others are only open to service within certain time frames.
If you choose to go with this option. Go to www.arise.com, review the site to see if it will be a good fit for you. Click on Register as an agent, while filing out the application you will be asked if you heard about the arise platform from a service partner or one of their agents, select yes and enter the CSP or Agent ID 39072. A name will populate just below that. If you wish to join a company instead incorporating your own. You can choose to be a part of Hanse Telecommunications Inc.
Mystery Shopper – There are a lot of mystery shopper opportunities out there, but I can only share with you the one I have tried because I know for sure it works. Field agent is an app that you can download to your smartphone and sign up to do mystery shopping jobs in your area. Once signed up you can choose from any jobs that they have listed. To sign up for Field Agent you can just download the app to your smartphone.
Uber – I believe everyone may know about Uber because they are very popular, but just in case you may have forgotten. Uber is an easy way to make money if you already have a car. If you don’t have a car they have opportunities for you to get one. It’s easy to get started with Uber
- Make sure you are the driving age for your city
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Have at least one year of driving experience
- Have an eligible 4 door vehicle. The age of the vehicle may vary by city. You can find out more once you sign up.
- Provide proof of vehicle documents such as, insurance, registration and in some areas proof of vehicle inspection.
- Uber does a background check for all new driver signup.
- Requires a smartphone
If you do not want to do ride sharing. Uber also offers a food delivery service called UberEATS.
Lyft – Another popular ride share service is a good way to make money. Tons of people do both Lyft and Uber at the same time. Lyft also provide ways for you to get a vehicle if you do not already have one. It’s just as easy to sign up for Lyft
- You have to be 21 years of age or older
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Have a smartphone
- Have an eligible 4 door vehicle. The age of the vehicle may vary by city.
- Lyft also runs a background check.
- Provide Proof of vehicle documents such as proof of insurance and registration.
Both Uber and Lyft pays weekly and also gives you the option to cash out instantly if you need your money right away.
If none of these works for you, you can always do a bake sale or cook and sell some food on the weekends.